Here are 10 deeply-held beliefs that act as barriers to true happiness and lasting change:
1. What will people think of me?
2. I have to be the good ________. (Fill in the blank — teacher, wife, daughter, son, etc.)
3. I have to achieve more.
4. I have to be perfect.
5. I’m not good enough. (Or substitute — pretty, thin, worthy, smart, rich, etc.)
6. I can handle it all on my own.
7. I’ll pretend everything is OK.
8. I should put everyone else first — I’ll worry about “me” later.
9. I have to be a people pleaser or “they” won’t like me.
10. I can’t be perceived as weak.